Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Wrapped Line Indents

I solved this problem once by putting each line in its own fo:block and setting the margin-left on the block to match the indent of the current line.  Then if it has to wrap, it does so inside its block.  That's a solution on the FO side of things, but getting each line into an fo:block could be a challenge.   I was doing it for a programlisting with no embedded elements and parsing the text content recursively on the
 character (line ending).  With mixed text and elements, it gets harder to determine what constitutes a line to get the mix of text and elements into its own fo:block.

Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 8:24 AM
Subject: [docbook-apps] Wrapped Line Indents

Hi,

I'm converting JavaDoc output to DocBook using dbdoclet and a customization XSLT.  The resulting DocBook formatting uses object oriented tags. The <classsynopsis> tag holds all of the methods and the methods are indented according to formatting from the DocBook stylesheets.  My question is, if the line is too long in PDF output, and I am wrapping it to the next line, how can I get the next line to indent as well?  I am using docbook-xsl-ns-1.74.0 / Saxon / XEP.

Thanks!

Lillian