Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Docbook 5 and olink

Hi,
If you are dealing with a single book, then here is the simplified version.
This works with either DocBook 4 or 5.

1.  Process the entire book (with XIncludes resolved) with the stylesheet
parameter collect.xref.targets="only".
That will generate a target.db file for all the potential links in the book.

2.  Create your olinkdb.xml file containing just this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE targetset [
<!ENTITY mybook SYSTEM "target.db">
]>
<targetset>
 <document targetdoc="MyBook">
  &mybook;
 </document>
</targetset>

3.  When you process your book, set these params:

collect.xref.targets="yes"
target.database.document="olinkdb.xml"

The first param  ensures the target.db file is updated before olinks are
resolved, in case any of the chapter files were changed.

If you process just a single chapter for test purposes, set
collect.xref.targets="no", as "yes" would overwrite the target.db data with
just the content of that chapter.

If your olinkdb.xml file has just a single document, then your olink
elements can omit the targetdoc attribute, because there is no ambiguity
regarding the target document.