Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Entities and namespaces

I also have no problem with markup in entities using Saxon.

Somewhat related to the thread, but would perhaps be better separate.
Indexing a finished text is a pain and involves a lot of repetitive
typing of stuff like: <indexterm><primary> etc.
I find it a great help to think about index items whilst writing and put
them into entities in an external file, something like this:

Putting &AtoF; in the text then inserts the correct text (ABCDEF) and
also creates an index entry - and at least you get a head start on
producing an index (and the text is not cluttered up with indexing markup.)

Extension to secondary etc. is obvious.

Keep the entity name the same (or an abbreviation close enough) so you
don't have to learn a new language/vocabulary.