Subject: variablelist, delleting blank line

Hi,

(I use XEP.)

In the stylesheet I wrote:

  <xsl:param name="variablelist.as.blocks">0</xsl:param>

    <xsl:attribute-set name="normal.para.spacing">
      <xsl:attribute name="space-before.optimum">0pt</xsl:attribute>
      <xsl:attribute name="space-before.minimum">0pt</xsl:attribute>
      <xsl:attribute name="space-before.maximum">0pt</xsl:attribute>
    </xsl:attribute-set>

So there is no space between different paragraphs.

But if I use “variablelist”, there is a blank line produced. What should I do to delete this blank line?

For example in the following code there is no space between the first three paragraphs. However there is a blank line (which I do not want.) before paragraph 4, because the paragraph 4 uses “variablelist”.

The code is written like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<book version="5.0" xml:lang="de" xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";
    xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude";>

    <title>book title</title>

    <chapter>
        <title>chapter title</title>
        <para>
            Paragraph 1: Mangagement has different types.
        </para>

        <para>
           Paragraph 2:  What are the effects?
        </para>

        <para>
            Paragraph 3:  Let us see it in detail.
        </para>

        <variablelist>
                <varlistentry>
                    <term>Types</term>
                    <listitem>
                    <para>
                Paragraph 4: There are some different types of  management.
                    </para>
                    </listitem>
                </varlistentry>
        </variablelist>
        <variablelist>

            <varlistentry>
                <term>Effects</term>
                <listitem>
                    <para>
                        Paragraph 5: Effects are shown here.
                    </para>
                </listitem>
            </varlistentry>
        </variablelist>
    </chapter>
   </book>

(Part of) the output looks like this:

Paragraph 1: Mangagement has different types.
Paragraph 2: What are the effects?
Paragraph 3: Let us see it in detail.

Types Paragraph 4: There are some different types of management.

Effects Paragraph 5: Effects are shown here.

Thanks for any help!
Lily