Subject: RE: Question about XSLT processors

I heard that a team at Sun Microsystems has done this. Their very
simple web-based application can convert docbook, dita, and solbook
content to just about any output you want.

Subject: Question about XSLT processors

    * From: Karen Schneider <kgschneider@gmail.com>
    * To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
    * Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 17:03:55 -0500

I'm following instructions for Windows on this page:

http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=documentation:setting_up_docbook_transforms

I've made it through all the steps, but I have to tell you these
instructions feel like they have a high kludge factor to them -- lots
of typing, command-line stuff, etc. -- and as a newbie I wondered if
there were better tools.

(By the way, I have committed to holding two "hackfest" sessions on
Docbook at our upcoming Evergreen conference, so I have about 90 days
to actually learn enough to stay ahead of a group of folks ;) ... no
pressure there, eh)