Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] docbook testing

On Fri, Feb 20 2009 16:14:10 +0000, seefeld@sympatico.ca wrote:
> I think this has to be an incremental process, as even *some* testing
> is better than no testing. In particular, I can see different steps:
> 3) validate against document types, if applicable (xmllint with
> validation, etc.)

RenderX has multiple XSL-FO validators at
http://www.renderx.com/tools/validators.html

> 4) validate final output by visually inspecting it.

To cut down the eyeballing of FO output: rasterize the pages, diff the
results of successive runs, only rerasterize the tests that have
differences, and have a way to highlight differences between two rasters
(e.g., 'stereo' view).

Regards,

Tony Graham                         Tony.Graham@MenteithConsulting.com
Director                                  W3C XSL FO SG Invited Expert
Menteith Consulting Ltd
XML, XSL and XSLT consulting, programming and training
Registered in Ireland - No. 428599   http://www.menteithconsulting.com
xmlroff XSL Formatter                               http://xmlroff.org
xslide Emacs mode                  http://www.menteith.com/wiki/xslide
Unicode: A Primer                               urn:isbn:0-7645-4625-2