Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] syntax highlighting doesn't work, nor throws errors.

Juri Memmert wrote:

> Mike wrote:
>
>>> Alright... let's see... I'll try to summarize what I have in terms of
>>> settings... maybe you can spot what's missing:
>>>
>>> The Java call to transform from Docbook to HTML:
>>>
>>> java \
>>> - -classpath [Path to saxon.jar]:[Path to xslthl.jar]:[Path to
>>> saxon65.jar] \
>>> - -Dxslthl.config="file://[Path to xslthl-config.xml]" \
>>> com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet [Path to input.xml] [Path to stylesheet]
>>>

>>> In the customization stylesheet:
>>>
>>> <xsl:import href="[Path to chunk.xsl]"/>
>>>
>>> <xsl:import href="[Path to highlighting/common.xsl]"/>
>>> <xsl:import href="[Path to html/highlight.xsl]"/>
>>>
>>> <xsl:param name="base.dir" select="'[Path to your basedir]"/>
>>>
>>> <xsl:param name="highlight.source" select="1"/>
>>>

>>> And, as a last resort... The MD5SUM of the xslthl-config.xml
>>>
>>> c64c7a25b6c62422f6b4653f4f6174c2  xslthl-config.xml
>>>
>>> In case you haven't checked that your xslthl library isn't broken somehow...
>>>

>>> And that's it.
>>>
>>> All I can suggest now is that you copy some of your data into the test I
>>> sent, configure the paths in the build.xml and try to find out whether
>>> the ANT build does produce the correct output... for if it does then we
>>> know that it's a problem with your normal setup. Otherwise, all bets are
>>> off and it could be broken JARs or something similar...
>> Thanks very much for trying, here are my checksums of both the
>> xslthl-config.xml I've tried:
>>
>> md5sum
>> /www/notlive/docbook/docbook-xsl-1.74.3-pre/highlighting/xslthl-config.xml
>> c64c7a25b6c62422f6b4653f4f6174c2
>> /www/notlive/docbook/docbook-xsl-1.74.3-pre/highlighting/xslthl-config.xml
>>
>> md5sum /www/notlive/docbook/xslthldamnit/highlighters/xslthl-config.xml
>> c64c7a25b6c62422f6b4653f4f6174c2
>> /www/notlive/docbook/xslthldamnit/highlighters/xslthl-config.xml
>>
>> OK I've never used ANT before, I'll look into how to try yours out.
>
> All you would need is to install it, look at the paths at the beginning
> of the build.xml and then run
>
> ant
>
> in the directory with the build.xml
>
> It should produce its files in the output directory.
>

>> Actually, can you try one more thing for me- have you tried doing yours
>> from the command line instead of ANT? (Or do you mean you just tried
>> that already).
>
> And yes, I have tried that already (since you sent your command line).
>

>> If you get yours to run from command line then I give up too! thanks Juri
>
> As for giving up... ANT is not the only way this could be done...
> writing a bash script would serve the same purpose.
> Would that be of more use to you?

Yea, er sure, but what would the bash script be doing that the command
line isn't? (I mean, isn't a bash script just a series of command line
calls?)

I'll try and get ant installed.  Still, seems weird that this isn't
possible from command line...  If I can only get it working by using ant
then I should file that as a bug with the xslthl project.

thanks