Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Adding a new attribute to EQUATION element

Thanks Bob!

That cleared it up and now it validates

Dean

In a message dated 3/10/2009 11:26:34 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, bobs@sagehill.net writes:
Hi Dean,
If you are going to be customizing the DTD, I would highly recommend browsing the LiveDTD version so you can see how and where parameter entities are defined:

If you click on "equation" in the left column, you find the declarations for the equation element in the DTD.  For attributes, you want to look at the <!ATTLIST equation ...> part. In there, you will see a %local.equation.attrib; parameter entity, and when you click on that you will see it is declared as empty.  That is a placeholder for any new attributes you care to add to the DTD  All elements have such a PE for customization.  It can be declared as:

<!ENTITY % local.equation.attrib "width  CDATA  #IMPLIED">

You just need to declare your version before the stock version of that parameter entity.

Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 10:56 AM

Bob,
I'm using the 4.5 DTD with a mod file. I have modified the equation.content entry to allow mml:math and xi:include items

<!ENTITY % equation.content            "(alt?, (graphic+|mediaobject+|mathphrase+|%mathml-math;+|xi:include))">
but I can't figure out how to add a simple attribute ;-) I have tried to use the info out of the latest TDG but it looks like even that is not up to date and there are some wrapping for modules that happen in the new dbpoolx file that I don't understand yet.

There must be a simple way......

Dean