Subject: xi:include file and add link to file

I've been converting all my books on my website to DocBook XML but ran
into a few problems. There are many chapters where I include sample HTML
files like this:

<programlisting><xi:include href="samle.html"
parse="text"/></programlisting>

When I generate HTML files I do not only want the HTML code of sample.html
to be included (which works fine) but also want to provide a link to the
file (so the reader can open sample.html in the browser). Obviously I
can't process the <xi:include> tag and fetch the filename from the href
attribute in the DocBook XSL stylesheets as sample.html is included first.
Now I wonder what's the best solution?

I've been thinking of using a processing instruction - something like this:

<programlisting><xi:include href="samle.html"
parse="text"/></programlisting>
<?dbhtml programlisting="sample.html"?>

As I need to set two attributes to the same value I wonder if it's
possible to use only the processing instruction and insert the
<programlisting> tag and the file content in the customization layer
somehow? But then again I want to include sample.html in PDF files, too -
using <?dbhtml?> only doesn't sound like a good idea then?

Boris