Subject: Moving towards docbook

Hello Docbook community

For one of projects we are moving away from using word (large files
are almost impossible to edit by multiple people in a controlled way,
and limited output options)  as our main documentation system.
We are planning to move to docbook and the initial transition went
very smoothly and impressed my non-CS bosses. Now i am stuck with a
couple of questions you might be able to help me with :

1) when i create the following docbook files.

manual.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?oxygen RNGSchema="http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/5.0/rng/docbookxi.rng
" type="xml"?>
<book xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook"; xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude
"
xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"; version="5.0">
<xi:include href="parts/info.xml"
  xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude";>
</xi:include>
<xi:include href="parts/part1.xml"
  xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude";>
</xi:include>
</book>

info.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<info xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook"; version="5.0">
</info>

in which i make all sections of the book /manual an external file i
get the following error

"E [oNVDL] element "info" from namespace "http://docbook.org/ns/
docbook" not allowed in this context"
while when i use the same info block in the manual.xml the file is
rendered fine.
Could some explain to me how to use the info block in a separate file.

2) when using a acknowledgement i get an error rendering with the $
{frameworks}/docbook/xsl/fo/docbook.xsl file i get an
rendering error while using the ${frameworks}/docbook/xsl/html/
docbook.xsl it gets rendered as a dedication.
Is this expected behavior or a bug?

3) i am also a bit overwhelmed by the amount of rendering options in
the framework folder,  could someone point me towards a introduction/
howto about all the different output options.
I figured out how to use the pdf, html , html-chunked and chm ones but
i am not sure i also might like to use.

4)  seeing as that the rendering steps can be written as ant jobs (i
believe please correct me),  has anyone any pointers as how to setup
up a cruisecontrol (http://cruisecontrol.sourceforge.net/ )setup ( or
similar)
that renders the files automagically upon change

5) we would like to divide our manuals into parts , but in the default
setup this results in the generation of a new index for every part of
the book. Where can i change this behavior?

6) As biologist we are attached to the hip with endnote (or reference
manager), could someone explain how they incorporated and or replaced
their endnote reference libraries to work with  their docbook workflow.
especially  the conversion from endnote to docbook, cite-while-you-
write , and the auto numbering and formating that is done by endnote