Subject: Re: Adding lang="" to <html>

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 14:57:31 +0100, Boris Schaeling <boris@highscore.de>
wrote:

> I have set the xml:lang attribute for all books and articles but when I
> generate HTML files there is no attribute lang set for <html>. Looking
> at the DocBook XLS stylesheets it doesn't seem to be supported? Is there
> any plan to support it? I ask as I hope it will help the spell checkers
> which are built into more and more browsers to choose the right language.

Sorry for the noise: My customized stylesheets didn't write any <div
class="chapter"> tags which include the lang attribute. It still doesn't
help as today's browsers don't take them into account when choosing a
default language for the spell checker. But this is no DocBook problem of
course. :)

Boris