Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] problems with Docbook editor

My group gave up on XMLmind and switched to oXygen. I, however, am still partial to Emacs + NXML mode.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rolf Iben [mailto:rolf.iben@thalesgroup.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 12:54 PM
To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [docbook-apps] problems with Docbook editor

Dear all,

I'm editing software documentation using Docbook and XMLmind. With this editor's update from version 3.x to 4.x, suddenly all XML files are required to have their own references to the dtd, instead of just the book file.

Now I wonder whether this requirement complies with the Docbook standards. I find it awkward having to change all Docbook files created with previous versions, just to be able to keep working with this tool.

Has anyone dealt with this issue before?

Rolf Iben
Project Quality Manager
THALES Defence Deutschland GmbH
Maritime Safety and Security

Vaihinger Straße 169
70567 Stuttgart, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0)711 78 19 60-628
Fax: +49 (0)711 78 19 60-711
Mail: rolf.iben@thalesgroup.com
www.thalesgroup.com

Place of Business: Stuttgart
District Court: Stuttgart, HRB 728793
Management Board: Dr. Markus Hellenthal (Chairman), Peter Obermark
Supervisory Board Chairman: Bruno Rambaud