Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Modular DocBook still not working

Hi,

On Freitag, 3. April 2009, Betty Ing wrote:

> You are correct that I should be validating all the files before
> applying a style sheet. SectionA and SectionB do validate now with
> XMLmind. Chapter.xml does not contain any fatal error; however, there
> is an Info pop-up obtained on validation. I have attached the pop-up
> and the two revised sections. Chapter.xml has not changed (still 2001
> date for XInclude).
>
> After the transform, I'm still getting the initial errors, that is:
>
> -----
>
> Element include in namespace 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude'
> encountered in chapter, but no template matches.
> [...]

If you are sure, your files are valid, you have to use an option in your
XML parser to resolves XInclude elements through the referenced file.

For example, xmllint from the libxml2 library has the option --xinclude.
In your case, to get a file all.xml where all XIncludes are resolved,
write:

 $ xmllint --output all.xml --xinclude Chapter.xml

Validate the file all.xml with jing, for example.

On the other hand, you need to use the same option to resolve the XInclude
in the transformation process. For example, xsltproc from the libxslt
library has also an option --xinclude:

 $ xsltproc --output Chapter.html --xinclude \
            .../html/docbook.xsl Chapter.xml

It works for me with the previous command.

Tom

--
Thomas Schraitle