Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] RE: monospace font-size in FO output

Hi Eric,
I use something like this:

<xsl:attribute-set name="monospace.properties">
  <xsl:attribute name="line-height">0.85em</xsl:attribute>
  <xsl:attribute name="font-size">
    <xsl:choose>
      <xsl:when test="ancestor::note
                      or ancestor::warning
                      or ancestor::important
                      or ancestor::caution
                      or ancestor::title
                      or ancestor::literal
                      or ancestor::filename
                      or ancestor::programlisting
                      or ancestor::literallayout">0.9em</xsl:when>
      <xsl:otherwise>0.85em</xsl:otherwise>
    </xsl:choose>
  </xsl:attribute>
</xsl:attribute-set>

The use of em units means it is proportional to the current font size, so it
works for titles.  The reason for the xsl:choose is because the sans-serif
font I use for the listed elements has a larger x-height, so  0.9em looks
better inline than the 0.85em used for body text.  You can experiment as
needed.