Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Using DocBook Stylesheets and Java Heap Problems

Hi Bob,

I analyzed the problem by splitting the whole generation chain like
you suggested.

The problem occurs when the Apache FO processor does the
transformation to PDF. After contacting the Apache FO mailinglist I
know what my problem is, but not how to solve it.

Adrian Cumiskey from the Apache FO mailinglist pointed out to check if
I use "many" page sequences in the resulting FO document, because FOP
processes documents by page sequence. Thus if I can section the
document contents into lots of small page sequence segments this can
help a lot with memory consumption.

So I checked the generated FO documents (size from 300kb to 20mb) and
noticed that there is really one single page sequence that wrapps all
the content.

=> Thus my question is => is there a way to change this behaviour and
how would it influence the look of my document?

I am exporting in article style using a own page sequence master in
the customization layer.

Cheers,
Tobias