Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Docbook 5.0 and stylesheets

I thought I'd try to get an update on the questions responded to in this thread from February (responses included below my sig file) because I've been asked questions about DocBook that I expect I'll hear more of as we continue to discuss the use of DocBook in our project. I also had to convince someone who tried xlstproc for the first time that yes, it does support 5.0.

1. Will there be (are there) 5.0 stylesheets?

2. Is there a projected timetable for DocBook 5 becoming an OASIS standard? (I know 4.5 is an OASIS standard.)

3. If we're starting from scratch (that is, have no legacy DocBook XML), is it better to use the namespace-aware stylesheets (the -ns versions)?

4. Any way to invoke a switch in xsltproc that says "relax, don't worry, this is actually working"? ;)