Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] extending db5, html vs fo customization

Bob Stayton wrote:
> Hi Dave,
> I'm not quite clear what's going on here.  The stylesheets generate a
> red copy of any document elements for which it has no template match.
> But it also generates an error message about what element and what
> namespace it is in.  Are you getting such messages?

> You mentioned namespace stripping.  If you are using the xsl-ns
> namespace-aware stylesheets, there is no preprocessor step to strip the
> namespace from DB5 elements.  That only happens when you process a DB5
> document with the non-namespace-aware stylesheets.   Which stylesheet
> set are you using?

docbook-xsl/fo/docbook.xsl  with your 1.75 stylesheets, hence my
assumption about the namespace stripping? I get the message

Note: namesp. cut : stripped namespace before processing           Dave
Pawson
Note: namesp. cut : processing stripped document                   Dave
Pawson
Making portrait pages on A4 paper (210mmx297mm)
done

etc.

Resolved by adding, in my customization layer

<xsl:template match="poem">
   <fo:block >
     <xsl:apply-templates/>
   </fo:block>
</xsl:template>

I.e. no namespace. Now processes OK, so I guess
that is being called up post your namespace stripping?

Is there a separate set of stylesheets for v5 I should be
using for fo and html? I thought the ns stripped version
(i.e. main xslt stylesheets) were the preferred option today?

regards