Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Docbook images/graphics. Where do you keep them?

I put a copy of our style assets directory at the root of my hard drive.  We always use the /styles/... type of path on our production pages that are aimed at the Web.  That way if I open the file on my Windows system the styles are available, too.

Larry Rowland

-----Original Message-----
From: remko.troncon@gmail.com [mailto:remko.troncon@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Remko Tronçon
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2009 8:30 AM
To: DavePawson
Cc: docbook-apps

> Which is my solution too Eric! No, I'm not thinking its
> the smart way to do it! I now have this set of
> graphics all over my disk and website!

- For a website, set the user parameters "navig.graphics.path",
"admon.graphics.path" (and all other image paths) to either
"/graphics/" or "http://graphics.example.com/";. Put all your graphics
in that dir.
- For your local disk, set "navig.graphics.path",
"admon.graphics.path" (and all other image paths) to
"/path/to/my/graphics" (or "C:\Path\To\My\Graphics"?). Put all your
graphics in that dir.

Personally, I just use softlinks for the images dir, but I'm not sure
whether these are available on your platform.

cheers,
Remko