Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] list pulled out of containing para in html output

<snip>

> That is because <ul> is a block-level element.
> Block-level elements are not allowed inside <p>.
>
> I think with make.valid.html=0 and/or html.cleanup=0 the
> stylesheets don't unwrap your <ul> (but leave you with
> invalid HTML of course).
>
> I cannot comment on whether the class should be propagated to
> the <ul> or not, or if <para>s which contain block-level
> elements should rather be transformed to <div>s instead of <p>s.

Ok. I see now that the xsls have to unwrap things to get valid html. I
think putting a div with the class around the unwrapped <p>s, <ul>s etc.
would be the right thing to do, but it could get complicated since
ideally you'd only do it if para.propagates.style is 1 and the para
contains blocks. Otherwise, it would add a lot of unneeded divs in the
output.

For now, <xsl:template match="*" mode="class.attribute"> gives me a hook
for propagating the style for other elements, so I just use that.

Thanks,
David