Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Adobe AIR Help

The applethelp demo doesn't actually create webhelp. It creates a
web-based help out of a chm source files using some goo that comes with
Microsoft's HTML help workshop.  Note that it lacks a search tab, so I
doubt it's what you want (here's what it ends up looking like:
http://www.thingbag.net/docbook/applethelp-demo/). Also, the stylesheets
would probably need to be updated for the latest verison of the docbook
xsls.

If AIR help is your goal and Robohelp can produce it, one trick you
might try is to generate html help from the docbook xsls (those
generates a .hhp, .hhc, and .html files which you would normally compile
into a chm file using hhc.exe), then use File->Open in Robohelp to open
the DocBook-generated .hhp file. Now you have a normal Robohelp project
from which you can generate anything robohelp can generate. We used to
generate webhelp that way using an older version of robohelp. Don't know
if that trick still works though.

If you only need a very basic search feature, you could also try this
docbook customization demo:
http://www.thingbag.net/docbook/docbook-webhelp/

Good luck,
David