Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Graphs in docbook?

On 07/22/2009 04:22 AM, Dave Pawson wrote:

> In the long term, I like Chris's idea.
> Consider it 'another namespace' content and process it
> as ... an extension? But that will have to wait until
> the XSLT 2.0 docbook stylesheets I guess.

Not having looked closely at it, I wonder if an alternative backend for
SVG generation would be graphviz ? It should be fairly straight forward
to map any agreed-upon extension vocabulary for graphics to the graphviz
'dot' language, from which the 'dot' tool then could generate SVG.
The (probably more powerful) graph2svg tool could then be used whenever
XSLT 2.0 is available.

For avoidance of doubt, I also agree this ought to go into an extension
namespace. (I have been meaning to suggest a couple of other extension
vocabularies, but got trapped in other work.)

Thanks,
         Stefan