Subject: Problems with including code samples using <xi:include>

Hello!

I have included a DocBook XML file (encoded UTF-8) in a programlisting which in turn is placed in an example:

    <section xml:id="docbook">

<title>What is DocBook?</title>

<para>DocBook provides…</para>

<para>DocBook has some 400 tags...</para>

<example>

<title>A typical, simple DocBook document</title>

<programlisting language="xml">

</programlisting>

         </example>

     </section>

In the PDF output (using XEP) I have the following two problems:

*Problem 1: The code lines are shown double-spaced instead of single (empty lines between the code lines) and the syntax highlighting does not work. Note that when copy-pasting the code into the DocBook document, both works fine.

*Problem 2: I get two page breaks which I did not bargain for. The PDF is structured as follows:

… blah the end of the last section.

What is DocBook?

DocBook provides…

(half a page empty)

(page break)

DocBook has some 400 tags…

(90% of the page empty)

(page break)

Example: A typical, simple DocBook document

I use XSLTHL for syntax highlighting. If you need more information please tell me.

Thank you in advance!