Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Antwort: [docbook-apps] RE: Pictures as hotlinks

Hi,
I could get it to work by customizing the template named 'process.image' from html/graphics.xsl.  Unfortunately, that is a huge template, so customizing means copying the whole thing just to change a couple of lines.  But it does work.

The 'process.image' template is called with imagedata as the context node.  So if you put the xlink:href on imagedata, the customization is easier.  In 'process.image', replace (in two places):

<xsl:copy-of select="$img"/>

with:

<xsl:call-template name="simple.xlink">
  <xsl:with-param name="content">
    <xsl:copy-of select="$img"/>
  </xsl:with-param>
</xsl:call-template>

Any imagedata elements without an xlink:href will just pass through.

Sent: Monday, September 21, 2009 8:45 AM

Thanks, but unfortunately this doesn't work since <inlinemediaobject> is not allowed in <figure>.

The problem is a bit more complicated because I've got a reference for pdf and one for html, but only html should have this link to a bigger picture.
Something like this:

       <figure>

<title>blabb</title>

<mediaobject>

<imageobject role="fo">

<imagedata contentdepth="100%" fileref="Pictures/image_big.png" scalefit="1"
                 width=
"100%" />

</imageobject>

<imageobject role="html" xlink:href=""image_big.png">

<imagedata fileref="Pictures/image_thumb.png" />

</imageobject>

</mediaobject>

</figure>

The xlink-attribute of course does not work here.

But it should ;-).

Regards,
Benno

<Cavicchio_Rob@emc.com>

21.09.2009 16:50

An
<docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Kopie
Thema
[docbook-apps] RE: Pictures as hotlinks

What about something like this construct:

<figure>
   <title></title>
   <ulink url="big_image.png"><inlinemediaobject><imageobject><imagedata
fileref="small_image.png"/></imageobject></inlinemediaobject></ulink>

</figure>

*************************
Rob Cavicchio

Principal Technical Writer
EMC Captiva
EMC Corporation
10145 Pacific Heights Boulevard, 6th Floor
San Diego, CA 92121-4234

P: (858) 320-1208
F: (858) 320-1010
E: Cavicchio_Rob@emc.com

The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions. Content published here is not read or approved in advance by EMC and does not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of EMC.