Subject: processing a sitemap out of targets.xml data

Hi,
I try to generate a sitemap for a complex document structure, so I decided to use the given output structure in my targets.xml to get to the document and foldernames in the right order.
I simply let run a little sitemap.xsl over it to make another docbook - xml, which all works fine in my editor (oXygen).
But when I start a batch job for it (or even use saxon with a command line, or eclipse), everything breaks, because the parser can't handle the pulled in non-xml data from the referenced .dbs.
With oXygen, I get a few warnings, that's it.
My question now: Is there a way to tell the processor to ignore the entity-references (of course it does not work with xinclude either) for this processing?

 Error reported by XML parser: reference to undeclared entity (found "nbsp")
Transformation failed: Run-time errors were reported

I think this is more a general question and I'm sure there is a workaround for this.

Thanks in advance for anyl repy.

Best Regards,
Benno