Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Re: Table cell text overlapes with table border...docbook 1.74.3

Hi,

Bela Patel wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Bela Patel <belaramani@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Vincent,
>>
>> I dont quite understand what you are suggesting.
>>
>> I just want the text to automatically break in next line within the cell
>> depending on the cell size so that it does not overlap with Table border.
>>
>> Can you please explain this?

You have to insert those characters wherever you are happy for the text
to break, possibly between every letter. The XSL-FO processor will then
choose one of those places to break the text into two lines. For
example:
    ABCDEFGHIJK&#x200B;LMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ&#x200B;123456789&#x200B;ABCDEFGHIJKLMNO

Basically by inserting that character (or the soft hyphen), you’re
giving the XSL-FO processor opportunities to break the text. The more of
those there are, the less risk there is that the text is going to
overlap the cell. Ideally you would somehow automate that process,
inserting those characters by hand is obviously tedious.

HTH,
Vincent