Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] automated keywords and chunking

Thanks Tim,
That helps. In addition to chunk.section.depth, there are some other mechanisms for controlling chunking. One is a PI that lets you stop chunking at an arbitrary point and another is the param chunk.first.sections which lets you control whether the first child section is treated as a separate chunk. I also figure that <keyword>s should be included in the html keywords. Perhaps subjectset/subject should be included too? Anyway, I've added support for that stuff and pasted my version below.

The only other mechanism for controlling chunking that's not yet accounted for is the manual method described here http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/Chunking.html (under "Manually control chunking"). I don't know much about that mechanism and don't know if it could be accounted for easily.

Oh, this also doesn't yet support sect1-style sections, just recursive sections.

David

  <xsl:template name="keywordset">
	<!-- what is the current section level depth? -->
	<xsl:variable name="section_level">
	  <xsl:number value="count(ancestor-or-self::section)"/>
	</xsl:variable>

	<!-- get the terms appropriate for this chunk -->
	<xsl:variable name="indexterms-and-keywords">
	  <xsl:choose>
		<xsl:when test="$section_level = $chunk.section.depth or ancestor-or-self::*/processing-instruction('dbhtml')[normalize-space(.) ='stop-chunking']">
		  <xsl:copy-of select=".//indexterm/primary"/>
		  <xsl:copy-of select=".//keywordset/keyword"/>
		</xsl:when>
		<xsl:when test="$chunk.first.sections = '0'">
		  <xsl:copy-of select="./*[not(self::section)]//indexterm/primary|./section[1]//indexterm/primary|./indexterm/primary"/>
		  <xsl:copy-of select="./*[not(self::section)]//keywordset/keyword|./section[1]//keywordset/keyword|./keywordset/keyword"/>
		</xsl:when>
		<xsl:otherwise>
		  <xsl:copy-of select="./*[not(self::section)]//indexterm/primary|./indexterm/primary"/>
		  <xsl:copy-of select="./*[not(self::section)]//keywordset/keyword|./keywordset/keyword"/>
		</xsl:otherwise>
	  </xsl:choose>
	</xsl:variable>

	<!-- get unique set of index terms -->
	<xsl:variable name="indexterms-and-keywords-unique">
	  <xsl:for-each select="exslt:node-set($indexterms-and-keywords)/*[not(. = preceding-sibling::*)]">
		<xsl:value-of select="normalize-space(.)"/><xsl:if test="not(position() =  last())">, </xsl:if>
	  </xsl:for-each>
	</xsl:variable>

	<!-- if index terms are present, put them in the meta keywords tag -->
	<xsl:if test="not($indexterms-and-keywords-unique = '')">
		<xsl:attribute name="content">
		  <xsl:value-of select="$indexterms-and-keywords-unique" />
		</xsl:attribute>
	</xsl:if>