Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] make bold all the xref labels? (Customizing xref style)

Hi Robert,
I wasn't sure how to respond to this message when you said:

> Both methods, of course, are over my head.

Are you familiar with the process of creating a customization layer for
DocBook XSL?  If not, that process is described here:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/CustomMethods.html#CustomizationLayer

If so, are you familiar with the use of attribute-sets?  If not, those are
described here:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/AttributeSets.html

You can customize the attribute-set named 'xref.properties' in your
customization layer to set the bold property:

<xsl:attribute-set name="xref.properties">
  <xsl:attribute name="font-weight">bold</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:attribute-set>

You can add whatever XSL-FO properties are appropriate for inline text.  See
a good reference on XSL-FO for documentation on such properties.