Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] improve DocBook's HTML output

2009/12/2 Tony Graham <Tony.Graham@menteithconsulting.com>:
> On Tue, Dec 01 2009 20:19:33 +0000, andy.docbook@zambezi.org.uk wrote:
>> 2009/11/30 Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net>:
>>> 5.  You can customize the CSS input file beyond the minimal CSS styles that
>>> ship with distro.  If so, then put your file with your customization layer
>>> and change the 'docbook.css.file' parameter to point to your customized
>>> version.  You just need to keep the <style> root element wrapper.
>>
>> It would be useful to be able to have a customised style sheet that's
>> used in addition to the default CSS rather than replacing it. This
>
> The customised style sheet can import the default CSS using CSS's
> '@import' rule [1].

Only if the default CSS is still output somewhere. If I understand
Bob's proposal correctly, the customised CSS would replace the default
CSS, so you'd have to copy the default CSS to the output directory to
be able to @import it (or you could import it from a remote URL, maybe
a standard location on one of the DocBook websites, but that would
introduce other potential problems).

Andy