Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] improve DocBook's HTML output

Hi Dave,
It is not my intention that the stylesheet generates an XML file for the
CSS.  Rather, an XML file containing CSS code is written and maintained by
hand in the SVN archive and included in the distribution.

The file that the param 'docbook.css.source' points to looks like this [not
real styles]:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
div.table {
  font-size: smaller;
  background-color: #EEEEEE;
}
etc.

So it is almost a CSS file, except that it has a <style> element wrapper to
make it well-formed XML.  That wrapper is necessary for the file to be read
by the XSLT document() function, which cannot read text files such as
straight CSS files.

It is a "source" file in that it is not a real CSS file. I hesitated to name
the param 'docbook.css.xml' because that might get confused with the
filename, which is 'docbook.css.xml'.