Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Frames like HTML view of TOC and document

Hi Aaron,

> [...]
> Anyone have something that provides good TOC navigation aids for
> DocBook documents viewed as HTML?  Any better/ alternative ideas?

same problem here. I've been looking into this issue from time to time but
couldn't convince myself yet to get rid of frames for two reasons:

- I want users to be able to change the width of the TOC (with frames this
is even possible if Javascript isn't supported/activated).
- I want the TOC's state not to change when the content changes (as my TOC
can be expanded and collapsed).

While I continue to use frames I also offer a version without frames. In
fact I put links to both versions next to each other on my homepage. While I
always use the version with frames those who don't like frames can use a
version without frames.

Boris