Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Frames like HTML view of TOC and document

I'd be very interested. We use frames to make the TOC visible, but a
number of customers have complained about the our use of frames.

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Larson [mailto:Aaron@LarsonsOnline.net]
Sent: Saturday, December 05, 2009 7:44 PM
To: Tom Dobbs
Cc: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

TD> I probably do the inelegant thing quite often with my solution,
TD> especially for the DocBook end of things, but here's what I do:

What you proposed is pretty close to what I had tried.  In fact I even
used Jim's mktree library.  I couldn't find step by step instructions
to make a CSS paned docbook view work.  Sounds like there is some
interest in a solution like what we're discussing, so I'm willing to
put something on the wiki once I get it working.  Your comments filled
in several missing points (e.g., toc.list.type ul).  I'll post a
pointer once I've got something up and running.  A review would be
most appreciated.

FWIW, I generate a single document.

TD> jQuery has several plugins that give you resizable handles you can
TD> attach to any page element.

If you have a CSS pane resizer, would you be willing to share it?