Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Suppressing section labels in preface elements (FO output)

The *slightest* of tweaks (preface/section to preface//section) and it's all lovely.

Thanks,
Jeff.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Stayton [mailto:bobs@sagehill.net]
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2009 11:26 PM
To: David Cramer; Jeff Hooker; docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Suppressing section labels in preface
elements (FO output)

Hi David,
I don't think that will work.  Unlike attributes in attribute-sets, a global
param like section.autolabel is evaluated only once, before any templates
are applied.

However, this hack works:

<xsl:template match="preface/section" mode="object.title.markup">
  <xsl:apply-templates select="." mode="title.markup"/>
</xsl:template>

The 'object.title.markup' mode is used to generate the title.  Normally the
mode="object.title.markup" looks up a gentext template for the title and
then fills in the number and title.  Because section numbers are turned on,
the gentext template includes %n for the section number.   This specialized
version short circuits that process and just generates the title.