Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] revisit: putting together a docbook 5.0toolchain for linux

On Thu, 2010-01-07 at 09:14 -0500, Eric Johnson wrote:
> You could try the stuff at http://forgedp.fusesource.org/. It is all
> open source. It is Saxon based and uses ant to drive the process.

A more robust toolchain called Publican is already in Fedora (and
heavily used by Red Hat).  It's the best DocBook tookchain I've come
across (include the two or three I've written myself over the past few
years), it is entirely open source. Publican also makes it fairly easy
to build your own branding for documents.  It doesn't yet support
DocBook 5, but it may be easier to start there rather than re-inventing
the wheel.

-Jared Smith