Subject: AW: [docbook-apps] positioning toc

Hi,

perhaps that link can help you:

http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/html/generate.toc.htm
see also

http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/html/generate.section
.toc.level.html

Kind Regards

Alexander Rabenstein

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Frank Arensmeier [mailto:frank@nikemedia.se]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 9. Februar 2010 16:00
An: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Betreff: [docbook-apps] positioning toc

Hello all.

I am rather new to docbook and in the middle of taking one step at a
time to the final result. Basically, I am working on a system for
producing and maintaining operating instructions in several different
languages.

Right now I'm stuck though. My idea is to produce a single pdf file
(docbook xsl -> fo -> pdf) that can contain up to 12 translations. I
am rather close to what I want, but the thing that gives me headaches
is the toc. On page 2, I have a basic toc with a list of languages
including page numbers only (no problem here). I was able to
accomplish that by adding the following snippet to my customization
layer:

<xsl:template match="article" mode="toc">
   <xsl:param name="toc-context" select="."/>
   <xsl:call-template name="toc.line"/>
</xsl:template>

But I also want a toc generated at the beginning of each article that
is part of the xml document. And I have no clue how to do that. Google
was not my friend this time, I am afraid. If there is anybody willing
to share some ideas, I would be delighted.

Here is the basic outline of my source XML document:

<part>
	<title>Product XY</title>
	<subtitle>
		<itemizedlist>
			<listitem lang="en">Operating
instructions</listitem>
			<listitem lang="de">Bedienungsanleitung</listitem>
		</itemizedlist>
	</subtitle>
	<article lang="en">
		<title>Some title</title>