Subject: … vs xmllint

hi there,

  I have written a couple of Makefile rules to check my docbook XML is
valid. for this task I used xmllint. It used to work pretty nicely up
to now. Could someone please let me know what is the issue with the
following:

$ cat test.xml
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.5//EN"
"docbookV4.5/docbookx.dtd">
<article>
  <section>
    <title/>
      <para>&hellip; is ok here</para>
  </section>
  <xi:include xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"; href="section.xml"/>
</article>
$ cat section.xml
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
  <section>
    <title/>
      <para>&amp; is ok</para>
      <para>&hellip; is not ok</para>
  </section>

$ xmllint --xinclude --postvalid --noout --nonet test.xml
section.xml:5: parser error : Entity 'hellip' not defined
      <para>&hellip; is not ok</para>
                    ^
test.xml:8: element include: XInclude error : could not load
section.xml, and no fallback was found
test.xml:3: element article: validity error : Element article content
does not follow the DTD, expecting ((title , subtitle? ,
titleabbrev?)? , articleinfo? , tocchap? , lot* , (((calloutlist |
glosslist | bibliolist | itemizedlist | orderedlist | segmentedlist |
simplelist | variablelist | caution | important | note | tip | warning
| literallayout | programlisting | programlistingco | screen |
screenco | screenshot | synopsis | cmdsynopsis | funcsynopsis |
classsynopsis | fieldsynopsis | constructorsynopsis |
destructorsynopsis | methodsynopsis | formalpara | para | simpara |
address | blockquote | graphic | graphicco | mediaobject |
mediaobjectco | informalequation | informalexample | informalfigure |
informaltable | equation | example | figure | table | msgset |
procedure | sidebar | qandaset | task | anchor | bridgehead | remark |
highlights | abstract | authorblurb | epigraph | indexterm |
beginpage)+ , (sect1* | refentry* | simplesect* | section*)) | sect1+
| refentry+ | simplesect+ | section+) , (toc | lot | index | glossary
| bibliography | appendix | colophon | ackno)*), got (section
xi:include )
test.xml:8: element include: validity error : No declaration for element include
test.xml:8: element include: validity error : No declaration for
attribute href of element include
test.xml:8: element include: validity error : No declaration for
attribute xmlns:xi of element include
Document test.xml does not validate

Thanks a bunch !
--