Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Footer odd/even page problem when chapters do not begin on an odd page

Hi,
Did you customize the page-sequence-masters as well?  The default in fo/pagesetup.xsl
for body page sequences uses:

    <fo:page-sequence-master master-name="body">
        <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="blank"
                                              blank-or-not-blank="blank"/>
        <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="body-first"
                                              page-position="first"/>
        <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="body-odd"
                                              odd-or-even="odd"/>
        <fo:conditional-page-master-reference
                                              odd-or-even="even">
          <xsl:attribute name="master-reference">
            <xsl:choose>
              <xsl:when test="$double.sided != 0">body-even</xsl:when>
              <xsl:otherwise>body-odd</xsl:otherwise>
            </xsl:choose>
          </xsl:attribute>
        </fo:conditional-page-master-reference>
    </fo:page-sequence-master>

You should customize it to remove the reference to "body-first" when
page-position="first", because it will be applied to any first page, regardless of
page number.