Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Access to ancestor Font-size definition

There is no function in XSLT that can return the value of the current font-size, but
there is in XSL-FO.  The distinction is that XSLT functions are processed by the XSLT
processor such as Saxon or xsltproc, and XSL-FO functions are processed by the XSL-FO
processor such as FOP or XEP.  The XSLT processor does not know what the "current"
font-size is, but the XSL-FO processor does.

Depending on your processor, it may support the inherited-property-value() function
described in the XSL standard. Since FOP 0.95 claims to support it, I suspect most do.
See:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/#d0e5961

From: "Jacques Foucry" <jacques@foucry.net>
To: "docbook-apps" <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Friday, March 05, 2010 6:09 AM

On 18 avr. 2008, at 01:20, Bob Stayton wrote:
Hello,

A long time ago I had a problem for resizing fonts in different context and Bob gave
me this answer which until today.
> <fo:inline xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"; font-family="LucidaGrande"
> font-weight="normal">
> <xsl:attribute name="font-size">
>   <xsl:choose>
>     <xsl:when test="ancestor::title
>                     or ancestor::literal
>                     or ancestor::filename
>                     or ancestor::programlisting
>                     or ancestor::literallayout">0.9em</xsl:when>
>     <xsl:otherwise>0.8em</xsl:otherwise>
>   </xsl:choose>
> </xsl:attribute>

I found that in some case the font-size is too big or too small. So I tried to correct
by using, instead of 0.9em size the ancestor font-size and a value. The first problem
is to access to the ancestor font size :

             <xsl:attribute name="font-size">
                <xsl:choose>
                    <xsl:when test="ancestor::d:title
                        or ancestor::d:info
                        or ancestor::d:literal
                        or ancestor::d:filename
                        or ancestor::d:programlisting
                        or ancestor::d:literallayout"><xsl:value-of
select="ancestor::?????"/></xsl:when>
                    <xsl:otherwise>0.75em</xsl:otherwise>
                </xsl:choose>
            </xsl:attribute>

And I don't know what to put to replace my ?????

May be I'm on the wrong way, but I have no other ideas.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Jacques