Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] How do I highlight inline text ?

Thanks for reminding me about color blind people and the link to the colors.

Since I am interested in "Highlight text" (text with a background color), I
should really be using the CSS background-color property. My bad.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Pawson [mailto:davep@dpawson.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2010 3:06 AM
To: Robert Lucente
Cc: n@n-faktor.net; docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 19:46:52 -0400
"Robert Lucente" <rlucente@pipeline.com> wrote:
[lazily :-)]

> It was big help.
>
> The generic explanation followed by the specific example of wanting to
> change from yellow to blue really hit the point home.

don't forget the 3 of your readers who are color blind.

The rest is a CSS question IMHO

> How do I go about figuring out the magic words for the CSS stylesheet
> entry ?

> And now a worked example: p {color: blue; font-size: 120%; }
>
> So, is it as easy as adding the following entry ?
>
> .key_words {color: yellow}

Yes, but a little effort will produce very good results?
CSS is great for instant reward.
I use the O'Reilly CSS The definitive guide.
Again and again and again.

p.emphasis {
font-weight: bold;
color: yellow;
}
As each property is added, finish it with the semi-colon.
Get the colors from http://html-color-codes.info/#HTML_Color_Picker
or google CSS color chart

> I am attempting to be lazy and avoid working my way through
>
> http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS

I generally find a book easier than the rec, they are
written for implementers, not users.

HTH

--

regards