Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] processing modular docbook

hi,
I just wanted to reply with the timings I found. For the book that contains about 3,000 pages I used the 1.75.1 namespace aware DocBook XSL stylesheets (xhmtl chunking templates) with
1) no customization
2) my customizations to create the xhtml,
3) my customizations with some additional files created (toc.xml, index.xml, *.hh* files).

1) Straight XHTML: 44 minutes
2) Customized:     55 minutes
3) Custom plus add'l files: 59 minutes

My customizations change the chunking/filenaming scheme and puts index primary terms as keywords in each file.

For a much smaller book (300 pages) I get:
1) 37 seconds
2) 30 seconds*
3) 43 seconds

* I have no idea why my customization is faster here and slower on the bigger book.

Do these times sound about right? If so, I guess it's going to take over a couple of hours to do the big 8,000 page book.

thanks,
--Tim