Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Autodesk Web Help

Wow, nice Help system.

I went snooping in their CSS and JavaScript files for hints of the tool
they're using, but came up empty. It looks like this is an in-house
custom system.

-----Original Message-----
From: honyk [mailto:j.tosovsky@email.cz]
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2010 3:26 PM
To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [docbook-apps] Autodesk Web Help

Hello Everyone,

after some time of work in Autodesk Inventor I am very impressed by its
help
system. The program itself is a Windows application and the help is
provided
in compiled HTML format. Now I've found this help is available also
online.
Here is a typical page: http://bit.ly/b443FK

There is a navigation with well known buttons
Contents/Index/Search/Favorities, but interesting is also the document
window. There are small forward, back and top links with the appropriate
tooltips as well as Show in content, Add to Favorities and Home links.
In
the header there is also clickable full logic path to the given page.

Another feature I like is a tab approach. Division differs from page to
page, here the content is divided into Concept/Procedure/Quick Reference
sections.

I think all this is generated using some sophisticated tool, but I can
imagine to get the same output from my DocBook document.

Isn't it a nice challenge?

Regards,
Jan

PS: I have nothing to do with Autodesk...