Subject: Fitting text

Hello,

 I am reading topic that descibes how to fit large lines of listings - http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/FittingText.html
 But there is not that I want. I want:

 1) Reduce font size for all listings by default, better if this will
 be controlled by the option like 'programlisting.reduce-font-size=1'
 2) I want to have different hyphenation symbol for different types of
 code - for language="xml" I want there is no such symbol, for
 language="cpp" I want to use '\' and so on.

 I'm not familiar with XSL Transformations and don't known how to
 write that templates.  Can anybody help me?