Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] dynamic chunk.section.depth

On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 09:02:23 -0400
Tim Arnold <Tim.Arnold@sas.com> wrote:

> Hi Dave, by 'dense' I just mean a subsection has a lot of math (so it
> contains lots of graphics) and the section is long (so you have to
> scroll). Not that it has a lot of deeply nested sub-sub-etc-sections.
> Your answer makes me think the chunk.section.depth  parameter can be
> set differently depending on the situation. My current process puts a
> <remark role="toc2" /> or <remark role="toc3"/> under every
> subsection as a flag showing how deep the chunks should go for that
> subsection. It's a kludge I guess, but I haven't figured out anything
> better yet.
>
> Are you saying I could write a template to match on
> remark[@role="toc2"]  or remark[@role="toc3"] to change the
> chunk.section.depth during processing? That's exactly what I'd like
> to do, but I didn't think it could be done.

Other way round.
In your specialization layer, set a variable to 'measure' whatever
you want, then set the parameter from that?

<xsl:variable name ='density'>
<xsl:choose>

</

<xsl:param name='chunk.section.depth' select='$density'/>

I'm not sure if you can replace variable with param, worth
a try though.

HTH

--

regards