Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] including non-xml

On a similar matter, does anyone know if it is possible to include
only a part of a file?

In case of a book on programming, for example, I want to keep all
examples separate (which would allow me to easily perform syntax
checks, and maintain them separately), but include only certain parts
in the book (complete examples will usually include much more stuff
than necessary to reproduce in a book).

I looked around for a solution, but couldn't find anything. I have an
idea to hack something together that would allow me to specify the
fragment "coordinates" in the URL. For example:

<programlisting><xi:include
href="codesample.c?startMarker=XXX&endMarker=YYY"  parse="text"
      xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"; /></programlisting>

Comments, pointers and suggestions are welcome.