Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] docbook processing from a database

On Thu, 06 May 2010 12:29:31 +0300
George Cristian Bina <george@oxygenxml.com> wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> oXygen for example transforms DocBook documents stored in XML
> databases like MarkLogic, eXist, Berkeley XML DB, xDB (former XHive),
> etc. We access the databases resources as URLs implementing standard
> Java URL handlers to connect to each database,

I'm playing with exist..

I have a collection diary with a resource 0909.xml

What would be the uri to use for that please George?
I guess my main objective is to reduce the need to have
several hundred megabytes of file in memory, but accessing
the database would be a start.

Would a reasonable approach be to use xquery to pull out 'bits'
of the file, then use XSLT to process the bits?

--

regards

--
Dave Pawson