Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] How to output html without TOC?

You might try setting root.filename to something other than index:
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/html/root.filenam
e.html

I believe that controls the file name of the generated toc file. This
still isn't exactly what you want, which is no toc file and no "prev"
link in the header of the first non-toc file linking to the toc.

Now that you mention it, it's surprising that the file can't easily be
completely suppressed. Bob or someone will have to chime in.

David