Subject: Google Summer of Code Projects

As many of you know, the DocBook project is participating in the Google
Summer of Code.

This message is to introduce the five selected projects to the DocBook
community. We received a lot of excellent proposals, and the ones we
chose are all strong proposals that should significantly broaden the
DocBook code base.

Please welcome the students to the project. Here are the five projects:

Project title             Student          Mentor
Web Help Output for       Kasun Gajasinghe  David Cramer
DocBook

Web Publishing using      Sina Heshmati     Stefan Seefeld
DocBook5

Create Transformation
of Docbook to epub        Ann-Marie Horcher Dick Hamilton

Reimplementation of the   Jirka Kosek       Norman Walsh
DocBook XSL stylesheets
in XSLT 2.0

Integration of BoostBook  Muhammad Rehan    Stefan Seefeld
with DocBook              Shaukat

In addition to our official mentors, we have several co-mentors, some
official and some un-official, including Hannes Magnusson for the Web
Publishing proposal, and Keith Fahlgren, Liza Daly, Adam Witwer, and
Sanders Kleinfeld for the epub proposal. Thanks to them and the mentors
for participating.

Best Regards,
Dick Hamilton
XML Press