Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] chunking customization interfering with toc generation

Hi,
It is hard to tell where it is going wrong without seeing more details of your
customization of filename assignment.  I can tell you how links are formed, though.
Take a look at the template named 'href.target.uri' in html/chunk-common.xsl.  It
first determines if the element being targeted is a chunk. Then it applies the
mode="chunk-filename" template to generate the filename reference for the element.
Then if it is not a chunk, it adds "#" and the id of the element.

From: "Tim Arnold" <Tim.Arnold@sas.com>
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 12:18 PM

hi,
I'm using xsltproc, DocBook 5, and the XSL-NS1.75.1 stylesheets.
I have customized chunking to give a filename matching this pattern:
booklabel_chapterlabel_sect00nn.htm
where the 'sect00nn' represents the section number.

My problem is that even though the generated filenames are correct, the auto-generated
tocs are wrong. Well, not all wrong, just the tocs that reference a section that does
*not* have its own file.

For example, in my 2nd-level section (book_chapter_sect002.htm) there is a toc that
lists the 3rd level sections contained in the current file. the toc contains links
that point to:
book_chapter_sect003.htm
book_chapter_sect004.htm

The problem is that those files don't exist since the content is inside the 2nd level
section.

My relevant parameter settings:
<xsl:param name="chunk.first.sections" select="1"></xsl:param>
<xsl:param name="chunk.section.depth" select="2"></xsl:param>
<xsl:param name="toc.section.depth">2</xsl:param>
<xsl:param name="generate.section.toc.level" select="2"></xsl:param>
<xsl:param name="toc.max.depth">1</xsl:param>

I've read and re-read the DocBook XSL guide on chunking, googled, etc. My guess is
that the part of chunking.xsl that returns the filename is getting called when it
should not.

Has anyone seen something like this and can point me to the places I need to
investigate?
thanks,
--Tim