Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] InDesign typography advantage [Was: Re: [docbook-apps]DocBook and InDesign]

Tim Arnold wrote:

> I can't imagine someone needing higher typographic quality than that.
> Wouldn't that bypass the problem of fo, indesign, antennahouse et
> al.?  In my experience the DBLaTeX workflow is very high quality, no
> matter the technical content of the document.

TeX as well FO work in batch mode -- you can't interactively fiddle with
details like line and page breaks and object placement and instantly see
changes on-screen. This necessary especially for document with "more
artistic" design.

Also I'm not sure whether pdfTeX implementation of hz-algorithm and
hanging punctuation is on a par with one available in InDesign.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hz-program
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanging_punctuation

OpenPGP digital signature