Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] DocBook and InDesign

Seems to be that the expectation in round-tripping is just that the text edits will be intact, yes?

On 6/17/2010 12:06 AM, Dave Pawson wrote:
20100617080607.423f7279@marge3" type="cite">
On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 23:55:42 +0200
Giuseppe Bonelli <peppo.bonelli@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Bob,

in the user cases some of us need to address, the tweaks applied in
InDesign get lost when/if you go back to docbook.

My experience, admittedly with medium and small traditional publisher,
is that we have to have an evolutionary approach in introducing new
processes rather than a revolutionary one. For many organizations, the
switch towards a batch-composition paradigm would be a *big*
revolution indeed.

Please, don't be afraid to point out any weak point you may see the
blueprint we are trying to sketch!

Regards,

__peppo

I think that makes good sense and isn't a weakness.
Expecting round-tripping with a true display format is the weakness.

--
katie@inkwelle.com
Vist InkWelle Store: Nevia 128, 128, 24