Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Footnote title tags / visual classification

Hello Bob & everyone

> Congratuations on your customization!

thanks :-)

> Regarding the para selection, your select statement is not selecting the
> first para, it is selecting all child para elements in the annotation.
> To get only the first para, use select="annotation/para[1]".

Hmm, that's odd.  I did think at first that what I'd written _would_
select them all, but in practice, when I've done a test like this:

<footnote>
   <annotation>
     <para>
       my real annotation
     </para>
     <para>
       test para
     </para>
   </annotation>
   <para>
     the footnote itself
   </para>
</footnote>

... the "test para" doesn't appear anywhere in the HTML.

Thoughts on this mystery welcome, though not crucial to me at the moment
as it works anyway :-)

As an addendum, I've also realised that I seem to need to do

   <para>my real annotation</para>

rather than

   <para>
     my real annotation
   </para>

if I want to avoid getting &#xA; before & after the title (white space)
- not that it shows in the visible output, but it was making my HTML
look untidy.

> Regarding the footnoteref, the addressing is easy.
<snip>
> <xsl:variable name="footnote" select="key('id', @linkend)"/>

Haven't tried this yet, but thanks.

Jennifer